My Beautiful Family!!!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

First Post

So this is my first blog post and I am so excited to share my Homeschooling/ Family journey with everyone. I decided to start blogging my days because I feel like I have so much to share with other homeschooling families out there.
Let me start by saying that I love homeschooling! This is my first full year with all 3 of my kids home and it has been a great journey thus far. I have a 10 year old daughter named Lauren, who is funny and smart and a great joy in my life, she is in 4th grade this year. I have a 7 year old daughter named Kaitlyn, who is my little ball of fire and also another blessing to my days, she is in 1st grade this year. I also have a 4 year old son named Dylan, who is my "Mama's Boy" and such a brilliant light in our family, he is in preschool.
I have been married for 12 years to the man of my dreams, David. He is a hard working, wonderful man who is a great husband and father. We live in a small town and have a strong Christian foundation in our life that helps us get through each day. With God we can do anything we set our minds too.
So why did I decide to home school, you ask? Well for many reasons. I felt like the public school had failed me for one... Lauren had been placed in basic skills math in first grade and had been treading water ever since.. In third grade she still couldn't do basic addition and subtraction and I was starting to wonder what she was really learning, if anything at all in this smaller, slower paced math class. I felt that a label had been put on her, that she would forever be an unteachable. Number two.. I had lost my "Innocent Children". The kids I got off the bus in the afternoon were tired, cranky, defiant and miserable. Then we would sit at the kitchen table and have another 3 miserable hours of Homework that we just didn't understand. Why was I doing this to my kids?? Why was I doing this myself?? Those were the questions I would ask myself at the end of everyday. Number three.. I felt like the Christian faith that my husband and I had so carefully placed in our children's laps was slowly being pulled away from them. Bottom line... We were all very unhappy. As a family I felt like we were falling apart at the seams so I decided to pray about it and this path is what God laid out in front of me!! I am so happy that I decided to walk this path and I am so excited to share its twists and urns with all of you!
Now don't get me wrong..Everyday is not sunshine and roses with perfect little kids sitting at the kitchen table doing their math and reading with a smile on their face...Some days are easier then others of course but we still have our days when we all just feel like throwing in the towel.
But we have made it to the end of March already and I am so excited for more days to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment